Friday 28 June 2013

Last Week in June


The fourth and the last week started on 24th of June and as usual on a Monday with working on the summaries 
on the monitoring and evaluation for the AIDS data collection research.Also I had to do the CLED survey on
 hurt crime on children with learning disability. I went to a school called Jafar Suadic to speak to the Headmaster
 who kindly offered me the opportunity to conduct the survey with the JHS 2 students and it I was successful 
even though they had some problems answering some of the questions. After I came back to the office to type the
 profiles of the children we interviewed at the shores of Senya the previous week.On Tuesday We all thus the child labor
 and trafficking team went to Senya to conduct child trafficking interviews at the homes. Megan and I went to random
 houses to conduct our interviews and due to some changes herself and Freeman had done we got some new information 
about the state of child trafficking at Senya especially children that are sent to Yeji.After we all came together and headed back to the office.
On Wednesday I went to Nyanyano to make arrangements for our child labor talks that we intended to have at Methodist school
(the school that won the trophy on the World child labor day). Unfortunately the headmistress told me that would not be possible 
because they have a lot to do and whole lot of other excuses.I then went to Franklin Memorial Institute but the headmaster was not around 
so I took his contact so I could call him for the arrangements and to inform Megan about the collection of the progress reports.
At 12 noon after waiting at Emmanuels school thus Ebenezer school I met Megan and together we went to all the schools 
that we have kids that we are sponsoring to give them our progress report sheet since the schools did not have any thing like that.
Gladly at Ebenezer we were told one of the kids Emmanuel topped his class and that made me really happy.
After our long walks to all the schools we went back to the office.Cheerful Hearts Foundation's photo.On Thursday we went to Franklin M I for our talks and
 Catarina,Chloe and I went to class five.We all had a nice time learning from each other and the kids were really good and participated.
After I conducted my survey on CLED and promised to give them a packet of candy next time.........Photo: At the office
On Friday I did the coding of the the pictures of the children we interviewed and spent the rest of the time searching
 for grants, and online volunteering.Sad news is John that has been in Ghana for 9months lives on Sunday and Calvin also lives on Monday,
It was nice meeting them and wish them all the best in life.June has been good and fun but July will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment