Thursday 6 June 2013

IF IT MUST BE DONE THEN IT MUST BE DONEWELL



I began my second internship with Cheerful Hearts Foundation on the 2nd June 2013. Unfortunately it rained quite heavily so I reported to the office about 10am, but actually the office was already full. After greeting everyone I decided to stay outside since new interns both national and international, and since I wasn’t a “new b “there was no need for me to be present. After staying outside and having a long chat with Douglas who actually had me laughing out loud throughout, we went back into the office. I then introduced myself to the new interns thus from University of Ghana which happen o be Ophelia, Mamley and Justice.
They all happen to be studying Bachelor of Arts in Social Work and are very much interested in volunteerism. Eric asked me to show them how set up their own blogs and other aspects of what they would be involved in. I actually had a lot of catching up to do so I went through the documents, AIDS research questionnaires among others.

At lunch I went to my favorite food joint with Douglas and three other interns Jackie studying health at Cornel Uni., Beatrice from Colorado Uni. and Lauren from Boston Uni. It was a nice meeting them and we actually got to know each other and also about our universities. They actually passed the Fufu test but not as well as Adam Lewis (really miss that extraordinary gentlemanJ). After I came back to the office it was more of reading and researching on the internet.
Feels so good to be back at CHF and Im really in high hopes to learn more and also to be of help any means possible. Thanks to all at CHF for the opportunity and especially Eric and Bright that I learnt a lot from and actually challenged me. Last year unconsciously I had been transformed into a better person and actually learnt some things about myself. I am starting from the man in the mirror, I am asking him to change his ways. I intend to make a change in the world and I am starting from me.


No comments:

Post a Comment